We help feed and educate children
- A 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization with board members from the Arlington community.
- An all volunteer organization. Membership fees support our programs and are tax deductible.
- Continuing to grow as we add new members and new services.
- Respected by AISD as we work with the system to help stop hunger one child at a time.
- Respected by the Texas Board of Education as families work together toward helping to educate a child by stopping hunger in its tracks.
We started this program because the two hot meals, breakfast and lunch, were very beneficial in helping us to stay healthy and focused enough to learn and graduate. We wanted to help in the area of nutrition. Kids who eat healthy are more likely to be in school and participating. Without proper nutrition and adequate calories, students often don’t have enough energy to power the brain, resulting in fatigue and learning problems.
What HMA is doing for the families?
Holding Quarterly Meetings
To brainstorm and make final decisions for fundraising ideas.
Organizing Fundraising Ideas
With members and volunteers to plan, create and develop the fundraising event.
On behalf of families and their students. Meeting with other community organizers and programs that benefit students.
Awarding Scholarships - *$1,000 each
Criteria will be based upon the student being at any Arlington high school from their freshman to their senior year consecutively, having a GPA of at least 3.00 and a parent or guardian is a member of HMA.
Jackie Ragland, HMA President
* The number of scholarships awarded each year will vary.